REEDC’s Appraisal Apprentice program allows you to take the fundamental courses required to start working and complete the full licensing course when you have met the requirements. REEDC is the only school in New York that offers students this streamlined approach.
From day one a personal Career Advisor will be available to ensure that you are on the right track in completing your Appraisal licensing process as efficient and cost-effective as possible and assist with job placement.
To become an Appraiser, you must start as an Appraisal Apprentice working directly under the supervision of a Licensed New York Appraiser to assist with the property valuation process. This apprenticeship-type program lets you start your classroom training while working for a Licensed Appraiser.
Becoming an Appraisal Apprentice is the initial step toward your career in Appraisal. Once completed, additional professional and financial growth are right around the corner.
Appraisal Assistant Requirements
Education: (154 hours) *No educational requirements necessary
Qualifying education must be completed within the five year period prior to the date of application.
- Basic Appraisal Principles (R-5) 30 hours
- Basic Appraisal Procedures (R-6) 30 hours
- National USPAP 15 hours
- Residential Market Analysis and Highest/Best Use (R-7) 15 hours
- Residential Appraiser Site Valuation and Cost Approach (R-8) 15 hours
- Residential Sales Comparison and Income Approach (R-9) 30 hours
- Residential Report Writing and Case Studies (R-10) 15 hours
- Supervisory Appraiser/Trainee Appraiser Course 4 hours
Appraisal Apprentice Courses Available for Individual Purchase:
Determine the valuation of vacant land and the development of the cost approach. Develop your skills by creating a current cost estimate using market extraction, interview techniques, and information provided by professional data collection techniques. $250